1. It is helpful to concentrate on whatever it is that you are familiar with, know about and is exciting and important to you. It is impossible to be successful at something you do not believe in.
2. Loving what you do goes a long way to assuring success.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Do not hesitate to connect, network, ask for advice; find a person who can act as a mentor for you.
4. It is important to be goal oriented. Have a vision and a plan of exactly how you are going to accomplish what you have set for yourself.
5. As an entrepreneur you embody your product. From the moment you wake in the morning until you turn in for the night; remember that you represent your product. You and your brand are one.
6. It is valuable to reinvent yourself, but remember it is not necessary to reinvent the wheel.
7. Just because you might lack experience or knowledge about something does not mean you cannot forge onward. Get a great team around you who can make up for your own weaknesses. Together you can do anything.
8. Simple is better. Concentrate on just one thing, and be the best at it. Have patience, build your experience base, and do not abandon your project.
9. Just dive in! Be careful not to overanalyze your situation, as you go along things will happen.
10. Do not ever sit on your laurels. Education in ongoing; you should never stop learning new things. Even take a course to give your confidence a big boost. Ben Wey suggests a course such as FastTracNewVenture offered by Bloomberg for entrepreneurs who are getting a new business off the ground.
Benjamin Wey is the President of the New York Global Group. This New York and China-based company is a private equity investment firm which specializes in transactions related to China and Chinese businesses.